- 225g Plain Flour
- 100g Granulated Sugar/Brown Sugar
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Nutmeg
- 125g Cold Salted Butter
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp/30ml Evaporated Milk
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- ¼ Cup Cranberries (optional)
- ¼ Cup Raisins (optional)
1. Sift flour, baking powder and nutmeg into a bowl. Add the granulated sugar.
2. Mix together until well incorporated.
3. Add the cold butter and using the finger tips, rub the butter into the flour until well incorporated and looks like breadcrumbs.
4. In a cup, add the egg, evaporated milk and vanilla essence and whisk together.
5. Add the cranberries and raisins if using.
6. Make a well in the flour mixture and add the liquid egg mixture.
7. Using a fork, mix the flour mixture until well incorporated. It should be a sticky dough.
8. Scoop spoonfuls onto a lined baking tray.
9. Preheat the oven to 200oC and bake the dough for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
10. Remove from the oven, allow it to completely cool down and store in an airtight tin.
11. Enjoy as a snack or pair it with tea or any drink of your choice.