- 500g Fresh Ginger Peeled
- 6 Cloves
- 3 Hwentia (Grains of Selim)
- 2 Litres of Water
- 1 Cup Honey or to your taste
- 1 Tsp Nutmeg
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
1. Wash and peel the ginger. If you can give it a good scrub you may skip peeling.
2. Blend the ginger together with the hwentia and cloves. Add some water to help with the blending. Blend in batches if required.
3. Strain the blended mixture using a colander.
4. Place the chuff in the blender, add some water and re-blend. Strain again. Repeat this step until the juice runs clear from the chuff.
5. Add the honey to the drink and stir well.
6. Add the nutmeg and stir well.
7. Add the cinnamon sticks.
8. Bottle and chill the ginger drink. Serve well chilled or serve as a warm tea.