- 1 medium size pineapple
- Fresh ginger about thumb size or to your preference
- 5 cloves
- 2 litres of water
- Sugar or honey
1. Peel pineapple and ginger slice them. Place the pineapple peels, fruit ginger and cloves in a soup pot.
2. Add 2 litres of water and boil for about 45 minutes to an hour. The smell that emanates from the pot is divine.
4. Strain the drink to separate the juice from the chuff.
5. Blend the boiled pineapple fruit and cloves by adding just enough water to help blend. Strain this through a fine sieve and add this to the drink.
6. Add your choice of sweetener to taste. This is optional and may not be necessary depending on how sweet the pineapple is.
7. Bottle the drink for storage. Either serve it warm or well chilled on ice.