Wednesday, 3 June 2015

Check Check

Fried Rice is popularly called Check Check by university students in Ghana. I remember my days in uni, precisely Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) Independence Hall Market Canteen, Check Check was so popular there were more than two vendors. However, there was only one whose was the tastiest. It was always such a disappointment when one got there and her Check Check was sold out. It was like Mehn! what am I going to eat! Apart from #Jollof  Rice, Ghanaians love their fried rice. It is usually served on special occasions or when people want to eat it posh! So what is our fried rice, it is basically an adapted Chinese style vegetable fried rice. The choice of vegetables used depends on the cook but what is usually constant are carrots, spring onions, and onions. For the fried rice in this post, I used carrots, pak choi, peas, sweet corn, onions, spring onions, sweet yellow peppers, garlic and roasted lamb. As this was such a random meal, I didn't get the chance to take step by step photos for the recipe. I will recreate this dish and post it at a later date. Thank you for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment