- 2 cups dried hibiscus leaves
- 1 medium sized pineapple (the peel & core)
- Thumb size fresh ginger
- 2 litres water
- Sweetener of your choice e.g. honey or maple syrup
1. Wash the hibiscus leaves to remove any dirt and pick out any wanted stems and leaves. Place in a deep cooking pot.
2. Wash the pineapple and cut the skin off the pineapple ensuring that there is a bit of the pineapple flesh on the skin. Remove the core of the pineapple and add this including the peel to the pot.
3. Peel the ginger and blend with a bit of water. Add this to the pot.
4. Add 2 litres of water to the pot and place the pot on the hob, turn on the heat and let the mixture boil for about 30 minutes.
5. Turn off the heat and let the drink steep to cool down.
6. Once cooled strain using a fine sieve.
7. Add sweetener of your choice to taste. In my case I added honey. You may also do without the sweetener for a very healthy option. Bottle and chill the Sobolo. Serve well chilled on ice and with slices of lemon.