Tuesday, 20 February 2018
Tuesday, 23 May 2017
- 350g Plain Flour
- 1 Tsp Salt (levelled)
- 7g Dry Active Yeast
- 12g Bicarbonate of Soda
- 50g Fresh Onion
- 50g Fresh Scotch Bonnet Pepper
- 300ml Luke Warm Water
- Oil to deep fry
*** for the video recipe, refer to my YouTube Channel or website.
- Place all the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix together.
- Blend the onion and pepper with half of the Luke warm water.
- Add the blended mixture to the flour. Rinse out the blender with the rest of the Luke warm water and add to the flour. Mix into a dough and knead to activate the gluten in the dough. When the gluten has activated, the dough will look stretchy.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and place in a warm place for the dough to rise. When the dough has risen, they'll be pockets of bubbles on the surface. This is a good sign that the dough is ready to fry.
- Deep fry by heating up the oil until very hot, then reduce heat to medium. Fry on medium heat.
- To take portions of the dough, dip your hands in water, then take a small ball of the dough. Using your thumb and middle finger, create a hole in the ball of dough. Gently drop the dough in the oil and fry on medium heat until golden brown and crunchy.
- Remove pinkaso and place on kitchen towels to absorb some of the oil. Serve pinkaso with your favourite beverage.
*** I would love to hear from you when you try out this and any other recipe on the blog. Don't forget to subscribe to the blog and YouTube . Also follow on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter.